Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Shanah at The Bionic Book Worm. Each week, participants are given a prompt and invited to answer. This week’s prompt is Top 5 Bookish Habits.
- I read in bed every night before I go to sleep. Sometimes, I read for a hour, sometimes less, but unless I get home too late or have a migraine, it’s part of my nightly routine. Sometimes, I go to bed early just so I can read, even though I am perfectly capable of reading in my living room. There’s just something about being in bed with a good book that makes me very happy and cozy.
2. I always carry a book with me everywhere I go. Even if I’m just running errands or going to get gas, I tend to slip my book or Kindle in my purse just in case. I don’t like leaving the house without a book.
3. I am usually reading multiple books at one time. I’ve always been like this. I’ll have a bedroom book, a living room book, a Kindle book, etc. Now, I usually have an audio book that I’m reading, too. People always ask me how I keep the storylines straight, and I honestly don’t know how to answer that. It’s not like I’m reading them at the same moment. It’s like watching several different TV shows. You just… do. Right?
4. It’s probably no surprise, but whenever I am at the doctor or dentist or any place with a waiting room, I am reading. I will read the book I’ve taken, magazines in the waiting room, flyers, etc. But, usually, it’s my book. It’s a wonderful time to catch up on reading and I’m in a waiting room quite a bit. One of my doctor’s is usually an hour to an hour and a half behind. I just take a good book and I’m golden.
5. Last, I always take a book when I got to Disney. When I was a kid, the Skyway broke down and the people on it were stuck for hours. Now, I was not at Disneyland that day, but I lived nearby and heard about it and it sounded… well, A) scary, because I’m afraid heights, but B) scary because what do you do when you’re stuck for that long? My solution? Bring a book! I take one when I’m with people, just in case, and when I’m alone because I can find a place to relax and read (I don’t do this as much anymore, since I don’t have a pass and don’t go as much, but it’s an option). I took one on my trip to Disney World and I will take one until I can no longer go. It’s just something I gotta do.
Those are my top 5 bookish habits. What are some of yours?