Top Five Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bionic Book Worm. Each week, a different theme is given and you have to come up with a list of five things that fit that theme. This week’s theme is Top 5 Books I Predict Will be 5 Stars.
- Rage by Jonathan Maberry. I love Maberry’s writing and was a huge fan of his Joe Ledger series. This book starts a new series about Joe Ledger, who is now running leading a group of “international troubleshooters”–a freelance group no longer connected to the US government. I cannot wait for this book!
2. The Princess and the Fangirl by Ashley Poston. This book is probably cheating because I’m already halfway through it, but I’m loving it so much! I want to shake Jess for being so dismissive of fans while at the same time wrap her in a blanket, take away her phone, and give her cookies. I also love Imogen: her passion, her geekiness, and her feelings of inferiority when it comes to her younger sibling. I’ve been there, girl; I’ve been there.
3. Rebel by Marie Lu is one that I’m less certain will be a five star read and more hopeful. I loved, loved, love the Legend series when I read it and it’s stood up on rereads. However, I’ve haven’t been overwhelmed with love for Marie Lu’s other books. I liked Warcross and Wild Card all right, but hated the Young Elites books in a way I rarely do. I hope Rebel is all I’m hoping it will be.
4. Any Old Diamonds by K.J. Charles will probably be a 5 star read. I love her books so much. They’re witty, romantic, and full of great characters. This one is about a diamond heist, and I love a good heist book. I think I’ll thoroughly enjoy this book.
5. A Heart so Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer. This book is a long shot. It doesn’t even have a cover yet. It only just recently got a summary up on the website. But I loved A Curse So Dark and Lonely so much and Grey was my favorite character, that I can’t imagine this not being a five star read. I cannot wait until next year when it comes out!