Thank you Jordyn Roesler for nominating me for this! Your blog is great and you were so sweet for thinking of me!
- Thank the blogger that nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog letting them know you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How My Blog Started
In February, I had perhaps the worst reading slump I’ve had in years. I was depressed and down and I only read two books. One of those books was a comfort read. Then, at the beginning of March, I hurt my foot and was told to take at least the weekend to rest it. So, I decided to have a reading weekend. I was seven books behind on my Goodreads challenge and I thought I’d be able to get it down to two. I managed to get all seven books read. I had so many ideas in my head and was riding the high of reading, one morning I sort of, on a whim, decided to start a blog to start talking about them. I also had in mind the idea that if I could get regular at reviewing books, I might be able to start requesting ARCs from publishers, or at least from NetGalley. So, I opened a WordPress account and started writing.
Advice for New Bloggers
Honestly, I feel like I’m too new to be giving advice, so take this with a grain of salt.
- Be consistent. You don’t have to post every day, but you do should be consistent so your readers know what to expect from you.
- Don’t over schedule yourself. I have definitely done this, especially the last two weeks, and now I’m frantically trying to keep up with my reading so I don’t run out of books to review. I should have saved some of my reviews for another week instead of doubling up posts. I probably could have almost scheduled my month if I’d just been patient. Ah well; live and learn.