I’ve seen this book tag in a few different places and decided to try it. Let’s get started!
- You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I don’t ever tend to have many books on my TBR because it gives me anxiety. I don’t count my “Want to Read” list on Goodreads in this, but what I actually have in my house. But, if I did have a lot of books, I guess I’d either choose A) the book I’d had the longest or B) whatever book I was dying to read the most.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends. Sometimes, I’m convinced that it’ll get better, so I keep reading. Actually, most of the time I do that. But, sometimes, I’ll stop. Not often, but I do.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Time to break out the M/M historical fiction novels! They tend to be short, quick, satisfying reads. Or graphic novels.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I just do. What else can I do?
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Probably no one. Maybe my sister.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Drink something fast. Try to remember to breathe. Get out of there fast.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I’d reread the book. I usually reread a the previous novel before reading a sequel anyway.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don’t know. This has literally never happened before and I can’t imagine being in this situation.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I’d reread Beauty, Outlaws of Sherwood, and Star Wars: Heir to the Empire. Maybe Q-Squared. And, M/M historicals.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
None to one. Maybe I’ll get one or two on Kindle. But I’m really bad at buying things I want. I’m still shocked I bought The Princess and the Fangirl on what is likely to be my last visit to Barnes and Noble ever.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
They usually don’t. I mean, I don’t put books I haven’t read on my shelf, but I don’t think that’s the spirit of the question. When I buy books, I tend to read them right away.
I tag anyone who is reading this that hasn’t done this tag before. Have fun!